[not] bug after latest update

Amiga Game
328GTS

[not] bug after latest update

Post by 328GTS »

after updating I can’t get out of Paris dock as it always tell me my Hull is damaged but repaired it twice and still it tells me it’s damaged ?
Aged Code
Developer

Re: bug after latest update

Post by Aged Code »

You went to the shipyard, repaired to 100% and you still get this message? That would be very strange because it was tested by a couple of players already and on different submarines.
After the repair check if your hill is actually repaired. You can see it in the shipyard itself and/or on the lower panel (the first tab). The maximum submerging depth should be equal (e.g., 120/120, 530/530, etc.).
328GTS

Post by 328GTS »

ah ok thanks will try again ! no I tried to click everything on the shipyard but couldn’t see how to fix the Hull? I went to the repair person in the bar but now realize they just upgrade the Hull and not repair it :?
Aged Code
Developer

Post by Aged Code »

OK, then we have the answer :D
Shipyard workers met in the bar do not repair vessels, they can do custom upgrades only (but if players ask for this feature, for example, repair at a lower cost than the official R&R service, then it can be introduced).
To repair your submarine in the city you have to go to the shipyard and switch to the 'Vessels' section (press the vertical button). The REPAIR button will appear. By clicking it, a dialogue window will show up — the very same when calling SOS at sea.
328GTS

Re: bug after latest update-solved!

Post by 328GTS »

ok checked and all good thanks :thumbsup
DaMi

Post by DaMi »

I have a similar issue. After the last upgrade i see my hull is damaded from 90%. Before the update it was not damaged. When I left Paris, my vessel was destroyed, because of 90% of hull damage, therefore the current state of the hull was not able to manage the surrounding sea pressure. When I reloaded the the game and let repaired my vessel in the Docks to 100% to reach the original dive of 650m, everything was ok, I was able to leave Paris without any problems. The thing is, I had to pay almost 7,5k Vernes. It is no problem for me, but you should be avare of this. Other players will probably complain about this issue too.
marmacc
Developer

Post by marmacc »

From my point of view. It works as designed. Repairing the hull is a expensive thing :D
DaMi

Post by DaMi »

I understand, but before the last game update, my hull was not damaged, I had no reason to repair it. If my hull was damaged before the game update, I would not be able to safely dock any city.
Last edited by DaMi on Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DaMi

Post by DaMi »

FYI I saved the game to slot 4.
Aged Code
Developer

Post by Aged Code »

Sorry captains, it was necessary. Beta testers knew about it. Thing is, something had to be fixed in the structure of the save file and, unfortunately, it affected the hull. But that's only a one-time repair. And no worries, the repair cost on lower submarine tiers is cheaper, only the players with higher tiers will pay more (at the moment there are not that many, at least between those who go online ;)).

FYI: The cost of repair is calculated based on the size of the ship's hull — the larger, the more expensive. Basically, every successive class of submarine is bigger.