Some tips for improvement

Amiga Game
DaMi

Re: Some tips for improvement

Post by DaMi »

Could be the Enter key confirmation implemented also in the window where I confirm a gift to npc?
Aged Code
Developer

Post by Aged Code »

DaMi wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:16 pm Could be the Enter key confirmation implemented also in the window where I confirm a gift to npc?
Sure. I put it on the todo list.
Predseda
B-Tester

Post by Predseda »

The whole gift mechanism shall be improved. Trying each item in my possession on each guest NPC is tiring this way, when I must repeat the whole offering dialogue over and over again.
DaMi

Post by DaMi »

Aged Code wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:19 am
DaMi wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:16 pm Could be the Enter key confirmation implemented also in the window where I confirm a gift to npc?
Sure. I put it on the todo list.
Today's update solves this, thank you, it works fine now.

Predseda wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:46 pm The whole gift mechanism shall be improved. Trying each item in my possession on each guest NPC is tiring this way, when I must repeat the whole offering dialogue over and over again.
Yes, it's tedious...
Aged Code
Developer

Post by Aged Code »

DaMi wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:21 pm
Predseda wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:46 pm The whole gift mechanism shall be improved. Trying each item in my possession on each guest NPC is tiring this way, when I must repeat the whole offering dialogue over and over again.
Yes, it's tedious...
I know but each gift has to be processed by the dialogue script mechanism so every time you offer something to an NPC he has to "respond/react" to it through that method. Maybe there is something that can be done to make it quicker but it's not a top priority at the moment.
DaMi

Post by DaMi »

DaMi wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 2:26 pm Would it be possible to set the city name animation to turn off when one arrives in a city? I would be fine if it could be set in Preferences of the game.
how difficult would it be to implent this?
Aged Code
Developer

Post by Aged Code »

DaMi wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:12 am
DaMi wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 2:26 pm Would it be possible to set the city name animation to turn off when one arrives in a city? I would be fine if it could be set in Preferences of the game.
how difficult would it be to implent this?
Not much I think. To be honest I forgot to put it on the to-do list but the next update should have it implemented.

Update: Done. It was a bit more complicated but it's already working in the unreleased version. Now we only need an option button to disable or enable it ;)
DaMi

Post by DaMi »

Aged Code wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:51 amUpdate: Done. It was a bit more complicated but it's already working in the unreleased version. Now we only need an option button to disable or enable it ;)
Thank you

You added to profile total time spent in the game and current session time (0.93.31 (02.01.2023). Works fine. It might be interesting to see also total amount of fulfilled tasks. What do you think?
Aged Code
Developer

Post by Aged Code »

DaMi wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:22 am You added to profile total time spent in the game and current session time (0.93.31 (02.01.2023). Works fine. It might be interesting to see also total amount of fulfilled tasks. What do you think?
Unfortunately, they are not counted. But we can add this feature. Naturally, already fulfilled tasks would be gone forever (unless started a new game).
DaMi

Post by DaMi »

Aged Code wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:25 amUnfortunately, they are not counted. But we can add this feature. Naturally, already fulfilled tasks would be gone forever (unless started a new game).
I would say we can survive if this feature is not included in current game, but for new players it might be useful. But this is really small and unimportant feature proposal...