Some tips for improvement

Amiga Game
DaMi

Some tips for improvement

Post by DaMi »

Would it be possible to set the city name animation to turn off when one arrives in a city? I would be fine if it could be set in Preferences of the game.

Would it be possible to implement mouse wheel support? This would be useful, among others, when browsing items in the Market.
I use the Hid2Ami and it works great in AmigaOS 3.2.1, I think it would help the game as well.
Aged Code
Developer

Re: Some tips for improvement

Post by Aged Code »

DaMi wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 2:26 pm Would it be possible to set the city name animation to turn off when one arrives in a city? I would be fine if it could be set in Preferences of the game.
Yes, possible. One of the future updates will have it as an option.
Would it be possible to implement mouse wheel support? This would be useful, among others, when browsing items in the Market.
I use the Hid2Ami and it works great in AmigaOS 3.2.1, I think it would help the game as well.
No idea but we can give it a try.
DaMi

Post by DaMi »

:thumbsup
DaMi

Post by DaMi »

In the Contract window there is possible to select a contract from a keyboard via arrow keys. Confirmation can be done via Enter key. But only via the big one only. The small Enter does nothing. Would it be possible to modify it to a small Enter too? (I play the game on A1200)

The final approval can be done via large or small Enter. Would it be possible to reject this approval via the Esc key?
ContractMenu.jpg
ContractMenu.jpg (145.66 KiB) Viewed 1995 times
DaMi

Post by DaMi »

When there is a larger list of Contracts, Tasks, Items or Cities, would it be possible to create a shortcut for moving to first and last item in the list? Someting like CTRL (or SHIFT) + Arrow Keys? It would then be much faster to go through such a list when it contains multiple items (like 20 or more).
Aged Code
Developer

Post by Aged Code »

DaMi wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:05 pm In the Contract window there is possible to select a contract from a keyboard via arrow keys. Confirmation can be done via Enter key. But only via the big one only. The small Enter does nothing. Would it be possible to modify it to a small Enter too? (I play the game on A1200)

The final approval can be done via large or small Enter. Would it be possible to reject this approval via the Esc key?
ContractMenu.jpg
This can be done easily. The next update will have this feature.
When there is a larger list of Contracts, Tasks, Items or Cities, would it be possible to create a shortcut for moving to first and last item in the list? Someting like CTRL (or SHIFT) + Arrow Keys? It would then be much faster to go through such a list when it contains multiple items (like 20 or more).
Doable, of course, but needs a little bit more of work.
DaMi

Post by DaMi »

Cool :thumbsup
DaMi

Post by DaMi »

I like the sorting by article name, tonnage, value, etc. in the Contract window. Would it also be possible to change the sorting direction? So if I eg. press key 3, the table will be sorted in descending order (this is already implemented), but another press of key 3 will sort the table in ascending order?
Aged Code
Developer

Post by Aged Code »

DaMi wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:34 am I like the sorting by article name, tonnage, value, etc. in the Contract window. Would it also be possible to change the sorting direction? So if I eg. press key 3, the table will be sorted in descending order (this is already implemented), but another press of key 3 will sort the table in ascending order?
I was thinking about 1—8 descending (as it's presently) and Shift + 1—8 ascending. But we'll see if pressing the same number can be implemented or is too tricky.
DaMi

Post by DaMi »

Shift + 1—8 as an ascending order is fine.