It keeps quitting back to workbench

Amiga Game
Aged Code
Developer

Re: It keeps quitting back to workbench

Post by Aged Code »

@Cego Try the new version. It shouldn't make any difference but there's a fresh update available (0.93.08).
328GTS

Post by 328GTS »

Cego wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:56 pm I haven't touched the game in a month and wanted to play it again on my A1200/V1200. So I booted up my naked Workbench 3.2 installation on which it worked before, but now after starting the game, it will quit after selecting the language: "Back on surface again"
I have installed the latest version from the FTP from Nov, 12th. There are no commodities/programs running in WBStartup or any patches. Just a plain OS3.2 with 1.934.000kB of free ChipRAM
do you have the 'out of memory' error before it quits to workbench?
xboxown

Post by xboxown »

You are getting out of memory error? Is it possible there is a code bug that causes corruption to certain files once you quit the game or after a while rendering the executable useless? The good news I ordered plipbox. They will ship it on November 22, 2022. Now it is a matter of playing the waiting game...then when I receive it...I can finally get my Amiga online and attempt the game finally.
Aged Code
Developer

Post by Aged Code »

Is it possible there is a code bug that causes corruption to certain files
No, the code doesn't tamper with other files except the config file and the save game.
Cego

Post by Cego »

Still the same with the update. When I start from Shell I get a Error code 20
Tried OS3.1 and 3.2, with and without startup-sequence
Aged Code
Developer

Post by Aged Code »

If the game doesn't start even without the s-s then something else must be not right. Is your V1200 updated with the latest core? Do you start the game with execute aquabyss?
marmacc
Developer

Post by marmacc »

Hey Cego, i know you are not on the other Amiga forum. But there are many users with Vampires there the game works fine. Maybe the guys there have a good tip for you to make the game running on your machine. Fingers crossed.
xboxown

Post by xboxown »

The problem now is people like us who don’t use Vampire and still have issues!! I have never in my life managed to have 4 pages worth of replies from a post that *I* posted. I am unsure if this bug is a blessing or a curse!! :o :shock:
Aged Code
Developer

Post by Aged Code »

What bug? The game works for almost everyone. Exceptions like this one have their own explanation. Let's wait for Cego's feedback, we'll find out what's going on in his case.
xboxown

Post by xboxown »

Sure :)