I want to report a few errors

Amiga Game
Aged Code
Developer

Re: I want to report a few errors

Post by Aged Code »

I believe this problem has been solved. It was a very nasty bug (see the changelog).
Chritoph

Post by Chritoph »

New one:

- load my current remote savegame (sends you to Panama)
- go to the bar
- sell 1 medicine

... and observe the game crashing. :mrgreen:

Please have a look, thanks and good night!
Aged Code
Developer

Post by Aged Code »

This time the [partial] culprit is Sofía from Paris, currently residing in Panama. Her name was happily converted to Sofía. No wonder the game refused to display such profanity :mrgreen:
Looking through the NPC I found another twist in Martín's name. It's also corrected.

Fixes will be available in the upcoming (big!) update.
Chritoph

Post by Chritoph »

New bug:
(Or Sofia again?)

- Load my remote game
- Open the lower slide-up menu
- Click the checklist (Tasks) icon
- Scroll the list until the end

Actual: Crash
Expected: End reached
:mrgreen:
DaMi

Post by DaMi »

Hi, I have a problem. I took a pirate contract from Hamburg, London, Paris and Madrid and went to Gibraltar to kill pirates, which I did. When I was returning to collect the bounty, I successfully picked up the bounty in Madrid, Paris and Hamburg, but in London the game shows me the following screen and then crashes. Piotr, please take a look at this, I have the save in position 4. Thank you.
BountyCollectionError.jpg
DaMi

Post by DaMi »

I've also noticed that when I'm fighting pirates and they run out of torpedoes, they just dodge and I don't have a chance to hit them. Is there a trick to that? I figure I have to kill them before they run out of torpedoes.
marmacc
Developer

Post by marmacc »

When a calmar is involved in the fight you have no chance as single player to bring him down. I fired aprox. 70 torpedos of the best torpedos on him. No chance from the point he is out of torpedos to hit him. All dice rolls are against me. Only in co-op mode with other trader its possible to bring him down.
Aged Code
Developer

Post by Aged Code »

Chritoph wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:53 pm New bug:
(Or Sofia again?)
Sofía :mrgreen:
The thing is, the Amiga on the low-level programming doesn't know how to capitalize accented characters. Here we have a lowercase text converted to uppercase text. All regular letters are converted correctly except í. I added a code that manually uppercases all accented characters in German, Polish and Spanish (although the last one isn't in use I decided I'll do it for the future sake).
Aged Code
Developer

Post by Aged Code »

DaMi wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:55 pm Hi, I have a problem. I took a pirate contract from Hamburg, London, Paris and Madrid and went to Gibraltar to kill pirates, which I did. When I was returning to collect the bounty, I successfully picked up the bounty in Madrid, Paris and Hamburg, but in London the game shows me the following screen and then crashes. Piotr, please take a look at this, I have the save in position 4. Thank you.
Investigating this now. Since the save game is already broken, I will try to reproduce the same contract for all four cities from the previous save. I hope the cities get reports for the same GEO coordinates (although it shouldn't matter where the fight takes place as long as it's won and reported back to the cities where the contracts were taken from).
Aged Code
Developer

Post by Aged Code »

DaMi wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:57 pm I've also noticed that when I'm fighting pirates and they run out of torpedoes, they just dodge and I don't have a chance to hit them. Is there a trick to that? I figure I have to kill them before they run out of torpedoes.
marmacc wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:46 pm When a calmar is involved in the fight you have no chance as single player to bring him down. I fired aprox. 70 torpedos of the best torpedos on him. No chance from the point he is out of torpedos to hit him. All dice rolls are against me. Only in co-op mode with other trader its possible to bring him down.
The upcoming update will have this element improved.