I want to report a few errors

Amiga Game
Aged Code
Developer

Re: I want to report a few errors

Post by Aged Code »

DaMi wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:06 am I accepted a contract in Stockholm to import alcohol from Old Danzing to Stockholm without having a valid license. I was checked by the local police before setting sail, taken to the local police department, but the game displayed this error:
There was a missing dialogue connection for the license checking. This has been fixed, but for the player's convenience, I will also add information about what specific contract is the subject of the problem. In your case, there are two problematic contracts: One requires a license you don't have, and another a license that has been revoked. Now the name of the contract will also appear in the dialogue, so the player will know exactly what the policeman is referring to. I'll do my best to release the update later today.
Aged Code
Developer

Post by Aged Code »

DaMi wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:46 pm
This problem still persists and is very annoying. It applies to any task in any city. Completing a task is only possible if I speed up the time and there is a shift change (usually before 6 am or 8 pm).
If the NPC-receiver is not in the bar (he has a shift in another location) then you must either go to the location where he is working or speed up the time for his shift to end. Only then can he appear in the bar. That's how it works. You can't give merchandise to an NPC that's not in the location, it wouldn't be logical.

Update: Checked and works properly. The only thing I had to do was accelerate the time. Ollie appeared in the bar and asked about 1 ton of medicines accordingly to the task.

Update 2: Delivery quest checking has been improved.
Predseda
B-Tester

Post by Predseda »

I used to have similar problems like DaMi has - I was requested to deliver goods to a specific person, but he/she didn't ask for it even if we met in the bar, or in the working place. I must check if this problem is still on the table, I started to decline quests like this some time ago.
DaMi

Post by DaMi »

Aged Code wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 12:52 pm
DaMi wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:06 am I accepted a contract in Stockholm to import alcohol from Old Danzing to Stockholm without having a valid license. I was checked by the local police before setting sail, taken to the local police department, but the game displayed this error:
There was a missing dialogue connection for the license checking. This has been fixed, but for the player's convenience, I will also add information about what specific contract is the subject of the problem. In your case, there are two problematic contracts: One requires a license you don't have, and another a license that has been revoked. Now the name of the contract will also appear in the dialogue, so the player will know exactly what the policeman is referring to. I'll do my best to release the update later today.
I can confirm it works now, no crash anymore. Thank you.
DaMi

Post by DaMi »

Aged Code wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 1:17 pm
DaMi wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:46 pm
This problem still persists and is very annoying. It applies to any task in any city. Completing a task is only possible if I speed up the time and there is a shift change (usually before 6 am or 8 pm).
If the NPC-receiver is not in the bar (he has a shift in another location) then you must either go to the location where he is working or speed up the time for his shift to end. Only then can he appear in the bar. That's how it works. You can't give merchandise to an NPC that's not in the location, it wouldn't be logical.

Update: Checked and works properly. The only thing I had to do was accelerate the time. Ollie appeared in the bar and asked about 1 ton of medicines accordingly to the task.

Update 2: Delivery quest checking has been improved.
Also fulfilling the tasks work fine now, I am able to handover the goods (and fulfill the tasks) in specific locations (Shipyard, Marketplace, etc.) and the Bar too. No time acceleration needed anymore. Thank you also for explaining what is the handover trigger.
DaMi

Post by DaMi »

I was asked to deliver some goods to Sydney. After I accepted the task, in the task list the task was still visible, but destination changed to Hamburg. I delivered the goods to Hamburg and the task was succesfully fulfilled. So probably another minor bug you should be aware of. I have never been to Syndey, it is too far for me :) .
Sydney.jpg
Sydney.jpg (138.7 KiB) Viewed 668 times
Aged Code
Developer

Post by Aged Code »

DaMi wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:58 pm I was asked to deliver some goods to Sydney. After I accepted the task, in the task list the task was still visible, but destination changed to Hamburg. I delivered the goods to Hamburg and the task was succesfully fulfilled. So probably another minor bug you should be aware of. I have never been to Syndey, it is too far for me :) .
There are two different parts of the code for this. As you wrote, it's a minor cosmetic [display] bug. In the first case (the dialogue) I guess the destination is wrongly identified but the real destination is displayed correctly in the player task window. I'll investigate.

Update: Done. Turns out the destination city was taken from the so-called Origin City of the NPC attribute instead of the Present City. It matters because some NPCs are in different cities than their origin city. In your case, the recipient NPC was "born" in Sydney but presently resides in Hamburg. I hope this solves the mystery :D
DaMi

Post by DaMi »

Something strange is going on in Georgetown with the prices. When I come to town, all the shopping and sales prices are zero. I can sell my goods for zero (in any quantity) and I can buy any available goods for zero as well. If I buy or sell at least one ton, the prices appear and everything works fine. But this only happens for one commodity. For the others, it's the same from zero. I saved the game in position 4.
Aged Code
Developer

Post by Aged Code »

Save loaded and all prices look normal. Looks like a temporal anomaly.
DaMi

Post by DaMi »

Yes, it happened to me the first time, if it occures again, I'll let you know. After restarting the the game all prices visible and ok.