Some heavy bugs

Amiga Game
Cego

Some heavy bugs

Post by Cego »

I have been playing Aquabyss over the holidays and unfortunately I am stuck due to some heavy bugs.
I made a video capture, where you can see the issues: https://youtu.be/8LTl5H3RMe8

Furthermore I am sometimes getting a message from a dealer that I am not bound to the contract anymore as the place for mining is just a rock. Thing is, I didn't make any contract in the first place.

My configuration:
- A1200 with Vampire1200 Core 2.16
- Indivision MK3
- Prisma Megamix
- Clockport Expander
- Etherlink III PCMCIA network card
- AmigaOS3.2.1 basic install with roadshow

greetings,
Cego

EDIT: When I load older Savestates the bugs won't disappear
Cego

Re: Some heavy bugs

Post by Cego »

I have reinstalled the game and it works again. Seems like the game data got corrupted or something like that. :?:
Cego

Post by Cego »

The error with the contract still occurs and the game still quits to wb from time to time
Aged Code
Developer

Post by Aged Code »

Hi Cego,
The gameplay in the video you uploaded is badly broken and such strange things sometimes happen. Unfortunately, this is a problem of the Amos compiler, it is very bad at handling extensive procedures and main loop sections, too many conditions, and generally complex things (regrettably, no one wants to fix it). Such quirks always disappear after restarting the game, which only confirms that these are not bugs in the game code (for example, there is no such thing as a partial display of GEO coordinates — either they are displayed both, or not at all). Of course, there are sometimes obvious bugs but these errors are reproducible and usually very easily fixable. But that's a different story.
Nevertheless, we'll be working on optimizing the code to make it more compiler "friendly".

Btw. A new update will be released tonight.