It keeps quitting back to workbench

Amiga Game
marmacc
Developer

Re: It keeps quitting back to workbench

Post by marmacc »

All my tests are under 3.2.1. All fine here. The 3.2 series is the future of our platform and all new and modern software must work with that. I know no one who tested under 2.1. or with BetterWB. From my point. BetterWB is not necessary since 3.2. If you setup a 3.2 system from scratch and install then additional tools you really need, your definitley on the better way as install the BetterWB package with all its tools you don´t need and don´t know what it exactly does in your system. Just my 2 cents :)
xboxown

Post by xboxown »

I agree 3.2.1 is the way to go. I refuse to downgrade from it personally. I intend to develop all my future applications and games on 3.2.1 and above only.
jjlonbar

Post by jjlonbar »

Thanks for your feedback, i will certainly consider an upgrade.
For now i'm finally playing it with my Amiga 600 with PCMCIA wifi card and Furia, it works great so far.

See you in game! :mrgreen:
xboxown

Post by xboxown »

Hehe, chatting with someone on Amiga 600 kickstart 2.1 heh. I don’t know why but my head is swimming :mrgreen:
xboxown

Post by xboxown »

Good news! Today I received my plipbox. Tomorrow I will install it and enjoy seeing the game download from the server again hehehe!!

It is going to be fun!! Weeeeeeeeeeee!! I am going to start downloading movies in my A500 hehe
marmacc
Developer

Post by marmacc »

Take a good coffee till downloading 15+MB with the plipbox. But it will work and later in the game it works also fine.
xboxown

Post by xboxown »

You guys are right about taking time with plipbox - sluuurp - Yup. :)
DaMi

Post by DaMi »

Hi, I'd like to report that the game crashes into the WB from time to time. It happens when the city screen is loading or vice versa when I leave the city and go out to sea. The problem is probably with the lack of chip ram.

Crashing means that the WB screen and the IconX window with the information Submerging into AQUABYSS' World will appear.... I don't see anything about chip or any other memory shortage.

My machine is A1200, TF1260, Indivision MK3, KS 3.2.1, WB 3.2.1, P96 + Native Driver. When I run Aquabyss, I have about 1760 kB of available chip ram, and nothing else running. The resolution I use is PAL Hires Laced.

I finally turned off the music in the game settings, and the game hasn't crashed since. I haven't tried starting without SS or decrease the resolution, I guess that would be an option too, but it doesn't suit me.

This isn't a serious problem for me, I just want you to know about it.
Aged Code
Developer

Post by Aged Code »

Yes, that's the Chip RAM-related problem. To be honest memory management needs more work. So far it handles only music and SFX but needs to be applied to the graphics as well. Lots of work and headache. As you wrote, turning off the music is a solution. Not the best one but for the time being it'll have to do, at least for those who experience this problem. This will eventually be solved (hopefully) but right now the focus is on the issues related to the gameplay (all upcoming fixes and addons can be seen in the changelog topic).