It keeps quitting back to workbench

Amiga Game
xboxown

It keeps quitting back to workbench

Post by xboxown »

Hello,

I have an issue with the current game Aquabyss. Everytime I start the game and select the language it goes to black screen, starts loading and then quits back to workbench and exit. I am testing it in winuae rom 3.2/3.2.1 OS which the hard drive will be soon transferred to my real A500. any idea why it is doing it? It is not even downloading new patch or update.

Moderator Message:
The problem and its solution are described by the user Cego in his post on the page 5
- Albert
xboxown

Re: It keeps quitting back to workbench

Post by xboxown »

Nevermind...got it working!! :mrgreen: I swear to God, I felt like I was playing this game in a pure console. I am waiting for the controller and the game is in cartridge or something. THIS COMPANY MAKES OCS SYSTEM DESTROY AGA IN QUALITY!!!!!! :mrgreen:
Aged Code
Developer

Post by Aged Code »

LOL :lol:

Btw. Please, let us know how did you solve your problem. It may help someone else, too.
xboxown

Post by xboxown »

Simply. When you buy the game you receive install.lha, aquaybyss_0.93 or some such other file...then your csv where it store your id and serial key then the manual and instructions in how to download the files, etc

Well..- smack lips - aquabyss_0.93 and so forth..those 15 MB or whatever size is pure junk. Garbage. Useless. What you need is that simple 15 KB installer.lha. That is it. Download it..run it..and enjoy the c64+geos server that is the server we are connecting to enjoy this game...can you believe it??! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: That server is where you download all your files from....kaboom...insert the keys and you my friend can successfully run the game!!

Just careful for Amiga without FPU...don't go to the option where it calculates your CPU configuration...apparently it uses FPU instructions and if you attempt to go there it will crash with 8000000B error. Just start the game and that is it. I don't want to ply the game on my WinUAE. I want to play it only on my A500. I want to enjoy it on my A500.
Aged Code
Developer

Post by Aged Code »

apparently it uses FPU instructions
No, the game doesn't use the FPU. There is a plan to use it for naval computing, but this is a matter for the future.

Installing the game from a small installer is very convenient, it's true, but keep in mind that not all gamers have their Amiga connected to the Internet, so for them, the whole game in one file is not "junk", it's the only way they can transfer the game to their computers ;)
xboxown

Post by xboxown »

You speak the truth my friend! I apologize for using junk or garbage for these files. May I ask why it crashed with me with a 80000B?
Aged Code
Developer

Post by Aged Code »

This is a mystery to me. Does this error always occur or has it only happened once?
xboxown

Post by xboxown »

Honestly, I only tried it once. I should see if I can duplicate it in WinUAE
Pavloov

Post by Pavloov »

I've got the similar problem. I download net installer or whatever is name. Run, wrote id and key, installer update to version up (1.10). And then don't want download game because id or.and key is not correct. So download the game lha, unpack on real Amiga (it's take some time) and then I have something like, start the game, select the language it goes to black screen, starts loading and then quits back to workbench with message "Back to surface".
My config is A500 ECS, 2MB Chip, 64MB Fast 68030@50MHz (TF536). Today I check on A600 (Furia, 2MB Chip, 8Mb Fast).
xboxown

Post by xboxown »

Funny that you mention that. I have identical A500 setting as yours. The second I moved my hdd from winuae to my real Amiga it did the same thing. I didn’t say anything thinking that the installation is married to the hardware and that I need to install again. I wanted to say something but was distracted my daily life and forgot.